When it comes to tea, there’s nothing quite like enjoying a cup in the great outdoors. Whether you’re solo, looking to relax, or bonding with friends or family, an outdoor Gong Fu tea session can be a truly magical experience. But to truly enjoy your tea, you need the right tea wares. In this article, we’ll explore some of the perfect tea wares for an outdoor Gong Fu tea session, as well as some tips for brewing techniques, health benefits, and self-care.
Tea has been enjoyed for centuries, and for good reason. Not only is it a delicious and refreshing beverage, but it also has numerous health benefits. From reducing stress to boosting your immune system, tea can be a powerful tool in your self-care routine. And when you take your tea outdoors, you add another layer of relaxation and bonding to the experience.
What is Gong Fu Tea?
Before we dive into the perfect tea wares for an outdoor Gong Fu tea session, let’s first take a look at what Gong Fu tea is. Gong Fu tea is a Chinese tea ceremony that involves multiple infusions of high-quality loose leaf tea in small teapots. The goal is to extract the full flavor and aroma of the tea, as well as to appreciate the beauty of the tea leaves and the teaware.
The Perfect Tea Wares for an Outdoor Gong Fu Tea Session
A small teapot with a capacity of 150-200ml is ideal for Gong Fu tea. Look for a teapot made of porcelain or clay, as these materials won’t affect the taste of the tea.
One popular type of clay teapot is the Yixing clay teapot. Yixing teapots are made from a special type of clay found in the Yixing region of China. The clay is known for its porous nature, which allows it to absorb the flavor and aroma of the tea over time. As a result, Yixing teapots are often dedicated to a specific type of tea, as the teapot will absorb the flavor of the tea and enhance future brews.
Plus, the natural appearance of the Yixing clay teapot fits perfectly with the beauty of nature during an outdoor Gong Fu tea session.
Check out Yixing Teapot Collection here.
Gong Dao Cup
A Gong Dao Cup, also known as a fairness cup, is an important accessory for Gong Fu tea brewing. It is used to pour the brewed tea from the teapot before serving it into individual teacups.
The Gong Dao Cup helps to ensure that each cup of tea is of equal strength and flavor, as the brewed tea is first mixed and equalized in the fairness cup before being poured into individual cups.
Small teacups with a capacity of 30-50ml are perfect for Gong Fu tea. Look for teacups made of porcelain or glass, as these materials won’t affect the taste of the tea. It’s also helpful to have a cup with a wide rim to appreciate the aroma of the tea.
A tea tray is a great addition to your outdoor Gong Fu tea session. It provides a place to set your teapot, teacups, and other tea accessories, as well as a place to pour out any excess water. A tea boat is also great option as it serves the same purpose here.
Tea towels are essential for keeping your hands and teaware clean during your outdoor Gong Fu tea session. Look for a soft, absorbent towel that won’t scratch your teapots or cups.
Tea scoop Chaze
A tea scoop or Chaze is helpful for measuring out the right amount of tea. Look for a scoop made of bamboo or wood, as these materials won’t affect the taste of the tea.
Chaozhou Stove and Pot
The Chaozhou stove and pot are traditional Chinese tea brewing equipment that have been used for centuries. The Chaozhou stove is a small, portable stove that burns charcoal or wood to heat water. It is made of clay and has a chimney that allows smoke to escape. The Chaozhou pot is a small, clay pot with a spout and handle that is used to boil water.
The Chaozhou stove and pot are ideal for outdoor Gong Fu tea sessions as they are lightweight and portable. They also add an aesthetic touch to the tea setting with their traditional design.
A carrying case is an important accessory to consider when planning for your outdoor Gong Fu tea session. It allows you to easily carry and store all of your tea wares, making it a convenient option for traveling to your tea spot. Look for a basket container that has compartments and is made of a sturdy material to ensure that your tea wares are protected during transport. A basket container can also be used to store any snacks or food that you plan on enjoying during your tea session.
Now that you have your perfect tea wares for an outdoor Gong Fu tea session, let’s talk about brewing techniques. Here are some tips for brewing the perfect cup of Gong Fu tea:
- Water temperature: The water temperature should be between 190-200°F (88-93°C) for most types of tea.
- Tea to water ratio: The general rule of thumb is to use 1 gram of tea per 15ml of water. For example, if you’re using a 200ml teapot, you should use 13 grams of tea.
- Infusion time: The first infusion should be around 10-20 seconds, depending on the tea. Each subsequent infusion should be around 5-10 seconds longer than the previous one.
- Multiple infusions: Gong Fu tea is all about multiple infusions of the same tea leaves. Depending on the tea, you can get anywhere from 3-10 infusions.
In addition to being a relaxing and enjoyable experience, an outdoor Gong Fu tea session also has numerous health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Reduced stress: Tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine, which has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Boosted immune system: Tea contains antioxidants that can help boost your immune system.
- Improved digestion: Tea can help improve digestion and reduce bloating.
Finally, an outdoor Gong Fu tea session can be a wonderful form of self-care. Here are some tips for incorporating Gong Fu tea into your self-care routine:
- Set aside time for tea: Make Gong Fu tea a regular part of your self-care routine by setting aside dedicated time for it.
- Unplug and unwind: Turn off your phone and other distractions and focus on the present moment while enjoying your tea.
- Engage your senses: Take the timeto appreciate the aroma and flavor of the tea, as well as the beauty of the teaware.
- Practice mindfulness: Use your tea session as an opportunity to practice mindfulness and be present in the moment.
An outdoor Gong Fu tea session can be a truly magical experience, but to truly enjoy it, you need the right tea wares. A small teapot, teacups, tea tray, tea towels, tea strainer, and tea scoop are all essential for a successful Gong Fu tea session. Remember to use the proper brewing techniques, appreciate the health benefits of tea, and practice self-care during your tea session. With the right tea wares and mindset, your outdoor Gong Fu tea session can be a truly relaxing and rejuvenating experience.